Let Me Slide In Your Inbox!
A while back, I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. More recently, Melissa, from Castles and Hurricanes, nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. These types of nominations are done by bloggers for bloggers and I really enjoy when other bloggers are recognizing the work I put into my blog. So thank you, Melissa, because I have about 7 drafts that still just don’t feel right and I was struggling to decide which to publish this week. Now I can avoid that decision for another week. 😉
In this one, the rules are a little different than the Sunshine Blogger Award.
— Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog. See above.
— Share seven facts about yourself.
— Nominate 15 other bloggers. I’m going to bend the rules a bit and nominate five. Because, hey, I wouldn’t be me if I followed all the rules.
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I wasn’t born with my grown-up incisor teeth. For a few months in middle school, I had gaps on either side of my two-front teeth. My orthodontist built me a retainer that had two fake teeth built in because I was so self-conscious about it. Later, the braces pulled my canine teeth down into the gaps. I then looked like a vampire for a short time until they grinded (ground? I know I’m the writer, but ground sounds wrong, lol) them down. Now, my teeth still have a slight gap on either side, but I think they make my smile unique.
- I tore my ACL in high-school playing field hockey. When I met with my surgeon he told me they would try to take tissue from my patella or my hamstring to repair the tendon. A third option was a cadaver. At that age (16) I was like, “Uh, what’s that?” He told me it would be an ACL from a corpse (AKA, a dead person). I had been watching too much Grey’s Anatomy, so naturally, I asked, “Will I have to go on a list? Like for a heart transplant?” LOLOL — I crack myself up. Doc told me ACLs were in high supply and just had to be matched based on height. And I thought… what about age and athletic ability? I didn’t want some five-foot-five, 65 year old man’s ACL who had never played a sport in his life. Well, turned out that my mine was shattered beyond repair. So I have some dead person’s ACL in my knee and I know nothing about my donor, but I am happy to report that it has performed like a champ over the last 10+ years!
- I drive a stick-shift and I always have. That’s all Dad ever owned, so it was either learn to drive on a manual transmission or don’t learn to drive at all. To date, I have never had a guy get in my car and not comment on how they think it’s bad-ass that I can drive a stick. Thanks, Dad! Instant “cool” points.
- I used to intern at a special needs center for a public school system. I was responsible for assisting with activities that promoted the independent learning, creativity, social, and motor skills of children with special needs including autism, down-syndrome, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, obsessive compulsive disorder, oppositional defiance disorder, vision impairment, hearing impairment, wheel-chair bound, etc. I experienced the purest form of love from those kids and it remains the most rewarding experience of my life.
- I play NFL Fantasy Football in a majority male league and have won the past three seasons (about $1200 every season). This year, the message I received from my final opponent, who I also beat last year in the championship game was: “I hate you, but I respect you! You’re the Tom Brady of our league.” #GOAT <<That means Greatest Of All Time, Mom!>>
- I bought my first pair of designer sunglasses this past weekend in Miami. It was an intoxicated decision, but one that I do not regret. They are polarized Michael Kors with rose gold lenses and frames. I have always bought cheap sunglasses because I have a tendency to lose or break them. So… prayers up, y’all!
- I took a leap of faith in October/November 2018. I moved from Washington, D.C. to Destin, FL to pursue my dream of becoming a full-time blogger. It has been the most liberating decision I have ever made!
That’s all folks… I hope you enjoyed these incredibly random facts about me! Hopefully this time next week, I will have decided which draft to post, but no promises or anything.
FEATURED IMAGE BY: NORWOOD THEMES
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
✨Personal Lifestyle Blogger✨
Sharing my stories authentically and unapologetically to inspire others to #liveUNTAMED & #loveUNTAMED!
Join me below!👇🏼